Pages

Friday, July 28, 2017

Crystal & Cherries Workshop

Attended Soon Young Warren's "Crystal & Cherries" workshop June 22 - 24, 2017, at Cottonwood Center for the Arts in Colorado Springs, CO. The 24 attendees all worked on the same subject with the drawing and steps provided. I surprised myself in completing this painting in a little more than two weeks and am rather pleased with the results. Learned that this seemingly complex subject can be accomplished by working it overall with glazes of rich color for a stunning effect. I will treasure this piece for the valuable lessons learned and because it contains Soon's masterful strokes as she demonstrated her techniques directly on the painting.


Crystal & Cherries, 15 x 22, Watercolor, J. Cellucci
the result of a workshop with Soon Y. Warren

1 comment:

Reveille Kennedy Fine Art Gallery @Pinterest.com said...

I loved that class as well with Soon Warren. It made me appreciate the vision she has in her paintings. My painting lives in California now with my daughter Kristi.